Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hawaiian Fun!

Gonna go Hawaiian!  Love all the new Hawaiian designer
papers and theme from SU!  My friend Kirstin came
over yesterday and brought the new paper and these plastic
tubes.  We started to create and came up with these cute
Palm trees made with the Big Shot XL Flower die. 
Look close at the brown coconuts on top!  They are made with
the 3/4 circle punch. The monkey is from the (retired) Foxs and
Friends stamp sets.  Once I cut the flowers out in Old Olive
I took scissors and cut slits in the petals to make it look like
a palm leaves and then used old olive and duabers to shade them.
 I filled the tube with Milk Duds to make them
look like cocounts! The bottom have is just a piece of 3x4 creamy
caramel cardstock that I adhered together with brads and then
also cut the sides to give it a burlap feel. Clever Kirstin came
up with that stinkin teenie weeny bikini hangin off the of side!
so cute!  Check her out at http://www.papertreelane.com/  xoxo

2 comments:

  1. oh just love this project. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather Fishel stmapsforyou@hotmail.comJune 11, 2010 at 12:32 PM

    Any idea where the plastic tubes came from? Thes would make awesome centerpieces at the Hawaiian bridal shower I am hosting next week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..