Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Birch Wood Ornaments


My Hubs and I were cutting back branches on our property which happened to be Birch trees (my fav!),  we brought them in and I had he and Shae cut them into disks for ornament making!  They drilled tiny 1/8" holes in the tops so I could hang them.
 Here's what I came up with.   I really wished  at the time I had a wood burning kit.  But then went into my studio and found that our Soft Suede classic ink pad worked just fine!   The wood was still somewhat damp so when I stamped on it, it gives that feathered look of wood burning.   Aren't they awesome!  The top one I added an acorn to.  More below.......





This ones ready for the Christmas tree or gift packaging...

You can see up close how much it looks like wood burning


This one is ready to take to a hostess for Thanksgiving

I thought it would be fun to add one to a bottle of wine for Thanksgiving,  I wrapped our Burlap ribbon  at the top then stamped the turkey and gratitude from the Harvest of Thanks set right onto some very vanilla cardstock then glued it to the birch disk.  I added some crystal effects to the turkey then tied it to the bottle.

Products Used;
Cardstock- very vanilla
Ink- Classic Soft Suede
Accessories- Real Birch branches, linen thread, Taffeta Ribbon in Real Red, Basic Rhinestones, Burlap Ribbon 
Stamp Sets- Harvest of Thanks - w- #131736 or c- #131739
Truly Grateful- w- #131730 or c- #131733








2 comments:

  1. Love both these ideas...would love to share them on my blog and will direct people to yours with your permission
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianne! yes, that would be great, thank you for showcasing me!

      Delete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..