Sunday, February 16, 2020

Diy Couch Makeover




This is my current couch that I bought last year, and though
I really liked it, it has just felt way to elegant for me so I decided to look into how to add some nail heads to the couch to give it a rustic modern feel to cozy.


Here is a picture of it completed.
I truly love how it turned out and love the more casual feel
it gives the couch.  Although a few friends that have seen
it said it makes it look fancy!
Not the look I was going for!
Anyway,  I do like it. 


I ordered the nail heads from Amazon and chose
the Antique ones.  I already had a tack hammer so
that I didn't need to order.


I started off by using the measuring tape that comes in the 
package of nail tacks.
I used scotch tape to tape it to both ends of the first piece of the
sectional making every inch with a pencil.


I cannot tell you how easy it was to do this.
I used the tack hammer and just gently hammered
each tack every one inch.  
Once I finished the one section I set up the next section
right next to the first one to easily line up the next row of
tack nails. 


I saw online that you can also put the nails much closer together
but I prefer the one inch gap between them as you can see here above.  
All in all it took me about 45 minutes to complete this diy makeover.  
Below here you can see how it turned out.  What a great idea to add to any chair or couch or any other piece of furniture you might want to add a little touch to. 
Click HERE for the nail tacks
they come in all different finishes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..