Saturday, February 23, 2013

Carrot Treat Holders


I saw these adorable carrot candy treat holders on Pinterest and had to give them a whirl.  Aren't they just adorable!  I used the new Creped  Filter Paper to make the grass at the top .  Brayer the crepe paper first with bLucky Limeade ink and a brayer.   Use a whole sheet of it, one you have it all ink to the desired color fold in half and cut.  Set aside.
Make your carrots out of your Designer Series paper,  I used a mix of the pumpkin pie designer series paper as well as the polka dots prints paper.

Products Used:
Paper- Polka dot Parade # 126902, Designer Series Paper Stack - Brights Collection # 117155
Accessories - Baker's Twine Lucky Limeade # 125572, Delicate Details Lace Tape # 130966, Creped Filer Paper # # 129393, Small Oval Punch # 120908, Curly Label Punch (FREE with $50.00 order!), Rhinestone Jewels #119246 , Ink- Soft Suede
Stamp Set - Spring Sampler # 125512 Clear, and #125510 Wood 

Order your items at the top of the blog under tab
 "do a little shoppin" 

The Carrot template can be found be found HERE
instructions below......








Alright,  here is a quick version on how to make these-  

Brayer your Creped filter paper with ink color of your choice,  I used the Lucky Limeade, when you get it to your desired color tint cut in half as you see here.


Next you should have all your carrots cut out and ready to assemble.  I was able to get 7 carrots on one piece of 12 x 12 cardstock.  I penciled them onto the sheet below and cut them out.  On one end of the carrot add your sticky strip (double sided tape) 


Put together your cone (carrot)  sometimes I don't always get them lined up,  if so just cut that piece off so that it is flushed and straight.



Now your ready to glue the creped paper into the cone.   I prefer to use a glue gun as I can work quickly with it, but if you prefer sticky strip use what you are most comfortable with.  Starting with the glue add just about an inch and start attaching the crepe paper slowly till you reach the end.  You will have a small gap at the back when finished but once you tie up the carrot it is barely noticeable.  *Remember when beginning to attach the crepe paper to always start where the cone crease is so that all meets up together. 




Here''s about how much glue I use


Should look like this when done.  Notice the gap?  once tied up with the Baker's twine 
it will all fill in.  I also cut about an inch of the creped paper off the top when I was done.  If you choose to fill with say M & M's then put them in a small cello bag so that they don't fall out.   Just sayin!



2 comments:

  1. Very cute carrots! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please share with me what size you cut the orange paper so that I can figure out how much to order. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..