Monday, September 9, 2019

DIY Pumpkin Hack




This is a little spot in my laundry room
I wanted to add just a few little pumpkins to, so while at the Dollar Tree the other day I picked some up. 
You can see the two little pumpkins up there on the shelf on the left.


Here they are after I painted them with chalk paint
(You can get the chalk paint at Micheal's in with the acrylic paints, they run $1.99 for a small bottle)
Use a sponge brush and apply 2-3 coats, you could use acrylic paint too, I just prefer the chalk paint as it gives a very matte finish and dries very quickly. 


This is what they look like prior to painting them.
I am sure to many of you might just like them these colors,
but I had to give them a fresh coat of paint.


 I love how they fit perfectly right up there on the shelf 
and add just a little touch of autumn


Up close they look like they are made of wood, but 
they are ceramic and the leaves come right off for easy painting too. I also used chalk paint in a green to paint the leaves.


Add a little fall to your decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..