Monday, January 17, 2011

Springtime Vintage Fabric Pillow

Hi all!  this post is a cute pillow I had hangin around the house.  I chose to use our new Stampin Up Springtime Vintage Fabric to decorate it with. I have used all the new fabric, buttons and Seam binding ribbon.  I saw a pillow made last July at Covnention that inspired me to try this out and it was very easy.
I have used all three fabrics and cut the pieces to fit the size of the pillow.  I then threaded a needle and gathered the fabric to make the ruffles.  Then grab your seam binding ribbon and get some fuseable webbing from the fabric store to adhere the ribbon to the fabic.  You just iron right on to the fabric.  One the bottom row of ribbon I added another ribbon too, the Crochet Ribbon.
On the top I got out the Big Shot die and cut out different flowers and scallops from the Scallop Circle #2 die and layered them and then sewed buttons from the Spring Occasions mini catalog the Rosettes and Big Designer Buttons.

Here's what you need to make this pillow minus (you receive all 3 fabrics)
Springtime Vintage Fabric # 121817  $9.95
Seam Binding Ribbon  Rose Red #121884 - $6.95
                                         Baja Breeze  # 122331 - $6.95
                                                         Old Olive Satin Ribbon # 117288 - $ 8.95
                                         Crochet Trim # 118481 - $6.95
Buttons - Rosette Adornments - #121879 - 5.95
Designer Series Buttons - #119745
You can order these items to the right .........xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Julie!! I just love the new SU Springtime Vintage fabric and DSP. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pillow!!
    Lorraine Castellon-Rowe
    www.lorrainerowe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..