Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Years Eve Vingette and Turkey soup


Good saturday morning all! 
Do you have a lot of left over turkey hovering in your refrigerator?  Me too!  I wanted to share this turkey noodle soup recipe that I have with you.  It is a bit  thicker that your traditional type, but I love it that way!  It blends together  some unique spices,
 don't let it scare you off, it is AH-mazing!

Turkey Soup Recipe:
2 cups of celery diced
2 cup of diced carrots
1 leek, just the white part chopped
2 cups of turkey stock
2 bags of frozen Reames egg noodles
2 cups of water, I used less for a more creamy soup
3 T of flour
1/4 t of ground ginger
1/4 of curry powder
1/2 t of cinnamon
1 T of soy sauce
2 T of hot sauce

Saute carrots, celery and leeks with just a spray of olive oil.
Add turkey stock and spices and stir evenly.  Bring to a boil, then turn heat down and let simmer.   Whisk in flour and add turkey meat and noodles and let simmer for 45 mins.  
Absolutely delish!!!!!
Leave a comment if you try it,  want to know what you think!



I wanted a little New year's eve decor out, so I scanned for ideas online.   I loved this idea I found with the faux clock. 
 I used chalkboard acrylic paint and painted an old charger I had laying around.  I used our new Stampin Up! chalkboard pen to make the numbers in the middle, but used regular chalk to draw the circle and the border around the clock.  



I looked through my ribbon  stash and found this ribbon that was actually for Halloween and tied it around the champagne glasses and candle, then added the silver glimmer stars that I punch out.


The champagne "cooler" is a vase that I decorated with the same ribbon.  I cut out the label by using the Deco Label die for the Big shot and added our silver glimmer brads and stamped 2014.   
Accomplished!  a little New Year's Eve decor without spending any money!!!!

Products Used:
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Silver Glimmer paper
Stamp Set- Any number stamp set with do (basic black ink)
Accessories:  chalkboard pen, ribbon of your choice, star punch, silver glimmer brads, deco label die, acrylic chalkboard paint

1 comment:

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..