Saturday, January 9, 2016

Going Global



We are going global today!  It also happens to be the name of our new stamp set.  I had a request for gifts to be made for friends that someone wanted to gift them to show how much they mean to this person.   I took one look at the Going Global stamp set and knew I was going to put it into action.  The set can be found in our newly released Occasions catalog.


I purchased some 4" tall candles and used our Kraft paper to wrap around them.   I then used the Typeset Specialty paper # 133704, the World map piece and added some color to it with our sponge daubers.


I have had these cotton  bags around for years,  couldn't even tell you where I found them, but I am sure you can find them.  Use black Stazon ink to stamp directly onto the bags.  I also put a shim inside of the bag so that the ink doesn't bleed through the bag.
The chocolate globes can be found at candy stores.


Here's the fun part!  take your world map and sponge daubers and start coloring (lightly) to create a vintage map vibe.  Goes quick I promise you.   I used one in half sheets to cover 3 candles.


Ink colors I used are Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky and Pear Pizzaz.  
I also made the tags with the world map paper and stamped directly on the paper with the "you mean the world to me" stamp.
Attach it to the candles with pieces of Linen Thread
I love how the Going Global set matches perfectly with our Typset Specialty paper.   Nice collaboration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..