Sunday, November 13, 2016

Candy Cane Lane



Holiday happenings are everywhere!
I have noticed so many people are already putting up their Christmas lights and on social media decorating their homes.
It's good to see some good cheer this week after all the happenings throughout our nation.   People are searching for hope and happiness and I think finding refuge in the upcoming holiday.


This is a quick fold over card that I hand cut at the bottom.  Add a strip of 1/4" of cardstock at the bottom and cut out the cute gingerbread house. 
  The paper used is from the Candy Cane Lane suite line.

Speaking of finding refuge.
  I snuck off to the mountains friday for some time away. 
 It's right before we will start to get our big snowfall.
  Prediction is next week, which means moving forward 3 to 4 feet of snow on the ground until spring.
  I love it! 


I did my typical hike that I love. 
 You have seen me post many pictures from this place. 
 Here it is before the snow pack.
  I truly love to get away here for refuge and restoration. 
 It elevates me beyond words. 


In honoring our Veteran's I stopped by our local historical cemetery only to find I wasn't alone.  
 The local deer where there already resting and keeping watch.
One beautiful doe, mind you she let me walk right up to her get this picture. 
  So surprising she didn't run off.


I turned around and there was her Stag!  staring me down.


Honoring our Veterans


This is the view as I sat on the side of the mountain looking down to the river below.   Ahhhhh......


More deer, nibbling away
There!  I helped you get away with me for a quick minute to the mountains. 
Hope you enjoyed!


1 comment:

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..