Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Enjoy the little things my friends


More mountain snow for you, which means more snow flakes!
It's the new year which means to me, enjoy the little things.
Don't miss the moments.  I have been reflecting so much this last week.  I posted pictures a few weeks ago showing my daughter Shelby's graduation.  My husbands Mom flew out for the graduation which was such a blessing. But within 36 hrs of her return home, she had a few heart attacks and passed.  
We were so blessed with the gift of spending those last few days with her, sharing in milestones, love and laughter.  It reminds us to be ever present with those around us near and far.  No regrets.....


So as hard as it is to say goodbye to Mom Pitta, we rest in knowing how blessed we were to be able to spend that such anointed time with her.  So my friends,  enjoy the little things and remember to love and hugs those close to you-  even when you don't feel like it!


Hanging out doing some snowshoeing, it's gorgeous, but very cold.


Snowshoeing was one of my things that I decided to try 7 years ago.  I'm glad I did as it has turned out to be one of my favorite past times ever. 


2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your mother-in-law. Hugs to you all. It was nice that you all got to see her & share a wonderful event with her. My father-in-law passed away the Tuesday before Christmas. My in-laws live in Florida & we had just spent a couple of months with them here in Illinois. They went back to Florida & that ended up being our last time with him. It's so easy to take people for granted & just assume they'll be around. You just never know. Hope you have a Happy New Year! I tried cross country skiing a few years ago in Michigan & I loved it! My husband likes downhill skiing but not me. I like a slow scenic run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Laura, I'm sorry for your loss.
      What a special gift to spend that much time with him! I love how God protects our hearts just when we need it. Your right, we take each other for granted daily! Human nature. Death shows us that we need to slow down and love on one another. That's what we are here for!
      Ok, so now that you have tried cross country skiing, what will your "thing" be for this year? I challenge you girl!

      Delete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..