Friday, March 3, 2017

Butterfly Thinlits


Today's card shows you how easy it is to make a quick birthday card.  I always say,  if it takes longer than 10 minutes to make,
 you better to go Hallmark! 

You can see up close how the colors I added all melt together.
In the picture below I have cut out a piece of white cardstock at 4 x 5 1/4".  Once cut I used the butterfly framelit to cut it out of the center top of the cardstock.  Make sure you save the butterfly that you cut out.  Now cut a base piece of paper 5 1/2" x 8" and fold as your base card piece.  Lay the piece of white paper that has the butterfly cut out of it and lightly trace in pencil the butterfly so that you can see where you will add the ink color.
You can see in the photo on the left that I used the Aqua Painter to add the ink to the paper.   I first started at the bottom and used the Pink Pirouette, then the Sahara Sand, then the Soft Sky ink.
  Let dry
 Then take the cut out butterfly and gule just the body of the butterfly and place over the top of the water colored butterfly.
I finished the card off by adding a gold brad and some white and gold baker's twine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..