Friday, June 9, 2017

Pineapple Grad Partay



So much fun celebrating my daughter Shelby's graduation from college.  She requested anything pineapple, gold and pink.
We found these super large balloons 40" on amazon, they come complete with the tassels that you attach.  Super easy to assemble.


What's a party without ice cold Margarita's!
Whenever I do events I am always on the look out for wrapping paper that I can incorporate in the decor.  For starters, it's affordable  and on trend with the latest out there, 
and you usually get at least 25 sq ft of the paper.  I also sometimes line my tables with it in place of  table cloths.
I use it in many ways.  For this event I wrapped it around ball jars for the flowers and even cut out pineapples and glued them to bamboo sticks to put in the arrangements.  I also used it to create a photo op wall.  (see below)


For the flower arrangements I used hydrangea leaves, peonies that had yet to opened and fresh ferns to give the arrangements a tropical feel.   I always go to my yard and walk around first before heading to the store for flowers. 
It's amazing what we have right under our noses.   


See the little pineapple in the arrangement?


I also bought fresh pineapples and cut the fruit out of the bottom to use for the party.  I bought some metallic gold spray paint and painted each one of the pineapples gold and used them on the tables for decor.  


The palm leaves I ordered from amazon, but I used fresh ferns from the yard for the long skinny palms. 
 The palm leaf napkins were also found on amazon.





Gold, pink and green leaves were her decor of choice so I used that all around.   I forgot to take pictures of the food once I got it all put out.  But I served up a meun similar to the restaurant in Scottsdale, AZ called Hula Grill.   I made hawaiian pulled pork street tacos, Hawaiian slaw and coconut rice. 
For dessert we had macadamia dark choc cashews, passion fruit macrons, tropical zucchini bread and fresh choc dipped pineapple with coconut flakes!  oh my gosh were those good!




Below is the photo op wall.  I used the pineapple wrapping paper for the back drop, added the palm leaves and that caute pink party balloon. 


My sister Elizabeth, brother in law Michael, myself and my hubs


my sister Tove, Elizabeth and the graduate! 


Traci, Tove, Elizabeth, Shelby, Shae, Lauren and myself- girl power!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..