Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Distressed Easter Eggs



How about trying out these cuties?
The certainly look like wood eggs don't they,
but they aren't~ they are the paper mache' eggs.
They can be found at any of your local craft stores, I also saw some
at Target in the dollar spot.  I picked mine up at Hobby Lobby, 
12 for $5.40 with their 40% off coupon.
                               
                                 Here's what they look like before they are painted.
To paint them I used a paint brush and some white acrylic craft paint.   Dipping the brush in the paint, going from top to bottom of the egg, lightly brush the paint onto the egg to give it a distressed look.


 I used these cute felt flowers that I tied around the egg by wrapping linen thread around the egg two times and then 
feeding the thread up through the hole to then tie a
bow. That's it!  They dry pretty darn quick too. 


Don't they look like wooden eggs?
So cute!  Hope you try this diy out for yourself~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..