Thursday, April 18, 2019

DIY Save the dates







Today I am sharing with you some easy diy save the dates for you 
to try.   These are a great alternative if you are looking to save money on your wedding budget and really have a elegant look to them for the fraction of the cost of ordering them.



There are two samples or styles to choose from and both are
equally unique and extremely affordable and easy to make.
The photograph ones I have showed you in two sizes.  Many people like the smaller save the date option so the one at the top right is sized at 4 x 6", the one on the left is sized at 5 x 7".
You can easily find envelopes for both these sizes on Amazon or your local paper source store. 
Keep following below to see how to make both of these options.



The second option is a 4 x 6" card with puny word take
on "tying the knot"
This is simply made by going into Mircosoft word and choosing 
your fonts to create your save the date.
You can use the wording I have used and customize to your 
names or create your own take on your save the date.


I was able to fit two to a sheet and I used white cardstock
in a 80lb weight. 
I punched each side with a heart punch
 (you can use any hole punch, I just wanted to use the heart to represent love)
Thread the jute through the back to the front and tie the first knot in the center then tie each end in a knot as well.
That's it!  Seriously!  how easy is that!


Now for the first option you will use Vellum paper,
if you have not used this type of paper before, it is similar to a tissue type paper.  Quite thin but sturdy.  The paper comes in different weights, which means thickness.  I chose the very lightest
weight so that you can see through to the photograph images.
In the photo above I chose the font I wanted and then
wrote the names of the couple represented.
These were also made in Microsoft Word and printed 
right through my ink jet printer.
Once you print them out they dry quite quickly.
I adhered the pieces together at the top with a small mini
gold brad.  Use a 1/8" hole punch to punch your hole 
and add the brad.


Aren't they pretty?
And like I said,  so affordable.
YOU can do this!!!
I hope I have inspired you to give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..