Friday, February 16, 2024

Heart Canvas's




Picked up these very small canvas's.
They are sized at 4 x 4" and 1 1/2" thick.


 I checked into a few ways I could add a heart to the 
canvas.  Ways you can create a heart is using spakel,
gesso or wallboard compound.  Since I had the 
wallboard compound on hand I decided to give it a try.


Using a dinner spoon I spread a little amount of compound
onto the canvas.  You can spread it with the spoon to create the heart.
If you don't like how it looks just wipe it away and try again. 
Once it looks the way you'd like let it dry overnight so you can paint it later. 


To make this heart I used a kitchen spoon of all things to spoon
onto the canvas the spackle and make the heart.


Let the spackle dry overnight.
I had a bunch of gals over to make these, then 
all ended up painting them different colors
and adding gold to the hearts.
I forgot to take a picture of them all, 
but the one below gives you an idea of 
what they looked like.  They turned out amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..