Monday, May 6, 2024

Limewash pillars


Happy monday!
Now that the shower is over we are on to wedding details.
Here's a diy that we are getting started on.
Shae's new FIL to be made these wooden pillars
for her reception and wedding to put floral arrangements on.
They are about 36" high, she primed them all and
brought them to me to limewash.
Limewash is a special paint that dries very quickly,
it's easy to cover a large area quickly. 


This is the paint brand I used, Atelier,
it comes in a variety of colors and can be found on Amazon.


You can use a block brush to apply it to your wall or project
by trying it by brushing back and forth or even in circular motion
which is the method I used.  I also used a smaller square brush as I am painting pillars not a wall. 


These were really fun to do and quite creative.
It maybe took me 30 minutes to paint all five pillars. 
One coat covers nicely, but two coats really adds
the full effect of limewashing. 




Didn't they turn out awesome!
You will have to stay tuned for next month when we put them
into action at the wedding! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..