Friday, August 27, 2010

Christmas Snowman



So I found this adorable snowman on a stick at Michael's craft store last week.  He is suppose to be a what they call a "pick" for your tree or a wreath but when I saw him I thought how cute he would be with our new designer fabric and designer paper all decorated!  He cost a mere $1.99 so well worth getting for camps or stamp clubs to promote the designer fabric.  I used a small snowflake bucket I had laying around, filled it with a floral styrofoam block.  I added the irridescent grass.  The snowman I altered by added my own carrot nose by cutting a small circle and rolling it into a carrot.  I adhered it with mono adhesive glue.  I took two different pieces of the patterend fabric and cut them 4 inches long and then tied them around the top of the stick.   The collar around the base of the snowman's head is a piece of 2 x12 designer paper accordian folded and the glued together at the ends.  Once glued I added a a scallop punch on the under side of it to make it stay togerher.   The pom poms and hat and red bead were already a part of the snowman.  So adding a  little more detail to him too little effort.   xoxo

1 comment:

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..