Sunday, July 15, 2018

Lavender Harvesting



I've been having such a great time harvesting all the goodies
from my yard.  The lavender is from my neighbors yard. 
 She has been letting me cut out all her lavender!
What a treat!
It has only taken a couple of days to dry it out naturally.
If you have lavender and want to dry it, you can let it sit out and dry on it's own or put it in the oven at a low temperature @200 degrees for 20 mins.  The little buds slide right off.


One of the things I am making with the lavender is 
lavender sugar.  Use one cup of granulated sugar and a tablespoon of the lavender.  
 This photo shows more in the jar just for pretty sake!

\

Something else that my daughter Shae is loving that you can make with Lavender is Lavender syrup
Super easy too:
Makes 4 cups
2c sugar
2c water
2 T of lavender
A drop or two of food coloring for color
Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil
Turn down heat and let simmer for 10 minutes
Take off stove and let cool for 10 minutes
Once cool, strain to remove and lavender or particles, pour into a vinegar type bottle or something similair
Refrigerate up to 3 weeks

Taste amazing!
Drizzle it over ice cream.  Add to some sparkling water or in a cocktail or in some champagne!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..