Thursday, July 19, 2018

Lavender Syrup



I shared with you all a couple of posts back that I have been harvesting Lavender from the garden 
My daugher Shae asked me if I could make some Lavender syrup, it's all the rage right now to put in your coffee drinks, added to selzer water, you can even make Lavender tea or Lavender lemonade.

Here's how I made the syrup
1 T of dried fresh Lavender
1 c of water
1 c of sugar
5 or 6 blueberries for color


Measure out 1 T of Lavender
add it to the 1 c of water on the stove


Put the cup of water on the stove and add the sugar and lavender and a few blueberries for coloring,  bring to a slight boil.  
cook on med heat for 10 minutes.  Take off burner and cool.



Add the blueberries for color


Once done, take cheesecloth and wrap over the top of a ball jar to strain out the lavender buds and the blueberries


Once cooled using a funnel, fill your jars.
These jars are just adorale! 
I was able to find these cute jars at Hobby Lobby for 30 cents each!
Aren't they so cute!  
Hope you take time to make yourself some of this "sweet" syrup!

3 comments:

  1. It looks pretty too! Adorable little jars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty Lavender syrup.

    I think I will make some for the ladies that will be coming to my August Tea party. The ladies bring their Grand daughters to the tea each year.

    I hope Hobby Lobby still has some of these cute little jars.

    In my garden I have lavender also.

    Thank your daughter for this great idea, and thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you buy these jars recently? My store only has ones that are 8" tall. The picture makes your jars look smaller.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..