Saturday, May 9, 2020

Diy Jars



Happy weekend friends!
Last post I shared with you what I do with jars
that I save from using with my cooking.
A lot of times you will find it hard to scrape off all of the label from
the jars.  This post will give you an easy way to do this and it 
will remove all of the sticky gooey glue too!


First soak in hot water your jars for about 15 mins,
this will allow the labels to soften and most of the
paper will just peel away.


Then you are left with this, above, the glue and sticky stuff


Here's where the magic comes in,
using equal parts of Dawn liquid soap and baking soda
create a paste by mixing the two together.


It will look like this above....


Using your fingers, spread the paste over the glue and sticky
residue on the jars and let sit for about 10 mins.



Using the scouring side of the sponge scrub away the residue


And there you have it!  nice and clean, ready to diy
and add flowers to gift a friend!


This is my previous post showing how I added some twine and ribbon to the jars to make them look cute.  
I love how they turned out!


I hope you will give this a try!
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..