Thursday, May 7, 2020

Diy Vases




Happy thursday friends!
How is everyone doing out there?
Keeping busy? We just had our lockdown extended
through the end of May so each day besides work, 
I find things to keep me busy that I can share with you!
I started with these jars below that I have been saving
to share with you.....


Now that it's spring and things are starting to bloom
in my garden,
I love to take flowers to people
(literally a long lost gesture)
But as I cleaned the jars I thought about how I could 
add a little something to them. 
(Watch for the next post, I will show you how to easily 
clean off the glass jars, label and glue...)

So, back to the jars,
clean them off and dry them off.
I used twinning and a ribbon and glue for this project. 



I used what's called Tombow liquid adhesive,
but you could try using a hot glue gun
the only thing using the glue gun it's hard
to control the amount of glue you put on the glass, sometimes
the intention is to use a little amount, but it comes
out quick and thick which doesn't look good.


So using a sponge brush, sponge the glue on 2/3 of the
way up the jar.  staring from the bottom start wrapping
the twine around and around til you are at the desired
height up the jar.
When you are all done tie yourself a bow and add to the front of the jar. 



For the jar with the ribbon I started with the first
row just wrapping one row of twine then I added
the ribbon, then the top row the twine. 
That easy!


I made these vases up to have on hand for once all my flowers in
my garden start to bloom I will have some cute vases to
fill with flowers and gift to someone.
I hope you give them a try!
Stay tuned for the next post where I 
show you how to clean the jars.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..