Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Peony season!


It's peony season!
Bringing some beauty to your feed today with some pics of
peonies that I grow.  I have about 10 peony bushes and they all 
produce so well.  Are you interested in planting them?
If so,  there are so many varieties to choose from.
I have the light pink ones, the raspberry ones and the anemones
ones which are the white with the yellow center.  



Peonies are some of my favorite blooms and are at their best for a very short time only blooming between April and June. 
It's best to cut them when they are in bud form. 
They may take a couple of days to open and if you find they don't open in a few days, you might find that the peony heads may have sap on them preventing them from opening.  To give them a little help, take the peony from the bouquet and hold the head under the tap of room temperature water to wash away the sap.


I like to mix my bouquets up and also cut some variegated
Hostas to add to the inside of the vase to add some color
and design to the vase. 


This arrangement has the Japanese peony anemone
which has the white with slight pink and yellow in the center.



There are 33 varieties of peonies and different shades of pinks.
Head over to my Instagram feed in my stories to see step by step
guide on how to cut your peonies early and store them for later when you want to gift them or vase them when you're ready.
Just a few little tips for you to care for these beauties. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..