Monday, August 14, 2023

Balloon wall arch




Happy monday!
Have you ever wanted to or wondered how to make one of those balloon arch boards?
We let me show you a quick diy idea that is affordable and NOT 
intimidating at all and the fraction of the cost. 
Above in the picture I purchased from Home Depot this foam core board that measures 8ft x 4ft x 1 inches.  The cost $15.74
On both sides it is covered with a thin layer of protective coating that peels right off to reveal all white on both sides.
If you were looking for a color board I would suggest spray painting the board.  I did not as I needed mine white. 


Now for the balloons.  You can get some ready great and easy kits off Amazon that are inexpensive, just be sure they are a good quality of latex.  I linked mine here.  I even filled up all my balloons the day ahead and not one popped or clouded (lost it's sheen to them)
You get what you see above, four different sizes and SO many.
I think I only used half of mine.

Today get started lay out all your balloons by sizes.  Then determine how big you want your balloon arch, I just needed mine along the side of the board.  
To fill them I used our air compressor, if you do not have one they also have little air machines on Amazon you can purchase to fill them.
It goes so much quicker than the old fashion way of blowing them up.

Balloons -  Here  


Once you have them all blown up take the clear strip and tape it to something as high as where you will be attaching the balloon arch to.
Starting with your large balloons start to attach them to the clear stripping.   The clear stripping has hoes all the way down it for you to feed your balloon ends into.  I am telling you, it is very easy.
Then step back and start to add the medium size balloons next and so on.   The great things about Amazon's listing is that is comes with a step by step video so you can't go wrong. 



Here is mine just after I finished.  Barely used all the balloons and remember my wall is 7 ft high once I cut the arch at the top. 
I used clear strapping tape to attached the clear balloon stripping to the wall and we had wind when we used it and it stayed in place thankfully! 


Before permanently attaching the balloon arch to the board peel back both side film that cover the board for protection. 
Use a Cricut or Shilouette to create what the board will read.
It's done with vinyl transfer so you can easier transfer it to your wall. 

It's peel and stick time!


There you have it!
All done and ready for some guests!













No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..