Monday, September 23, 2024

Dollar Tree Flamigo/Vulture



Muuuwaaaahhhhh!
The finished project!
Those of you who have followed along for sometime know my aunts love for Halloween.  She like a more spookier version than I do and posts that I have shared with you showcase her talent for how she decorates her home inside and out. 



I found these flamingos at the Dollar Tree and decided to
give them a makeover by turning them into halloween
vultures to gift to my aunt.


You will want to start with a black spray paint and
if you can, find a maroon can as well.  I couldn't find
any so I opted to use a maroon aryclic for the neck.


Start by wrapping the neck of the flamingo with a plastic grocery bag.
I didn't feel the need tape it off and just wrapped it around it while I spray painted it. 


Once they are dry then get out the maroon paint.  If you were able to find the spray paint then use the same bags and wrap them around the
body of the flamingo and start to paint the neck being sure to not paint the beak.  For the acrylic paint it took me three coats to cover the pink so if you can find the maroon spray paint that would be quicker for covering.


I had some furry white ribbon that I glued around the
neck.  I found mine at Michael's.  It's sold with all the other ribbon especially around the holidays.
Isn't this fun!  My aunt will LOVE to add this to her Halloween spooky house! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..