Saturday, June 20, 2020

Diy Faux Cake



Diy Faux Cake
Now here's one you can sink your teeth into!
Seriously, if you are looking for a fun and easy diy
this is it, and the best part of it is there are no calories involved!



To start this project you want to purchase a styrofoam round,
the one I used is a 8" round.  I purchased mine at Michael's for $6.99.  You can also use smaller rounds that are 1" high that you can hot glue together.  They have them at the Dollar Tree and it would take 3 of those to create the height of a tall cake.



Using any color of brown and a sponge brush
paint your cake!


You don't have to worry about covering it 
perfectly as you will be "frosting" it shortly 



After it dries you get to go onto the next and most
fun part of the project.
Frosting your cake!


I purchased the vinyl spackling instead of the 
light weight type as it's creamier and less dry
than the light weight ones. 
Spreads just like real
frosting.
While I was frosting the cake I started craving
a piece of cake!  Good thing I had some chocolate on hand!



This was so fun to do!


Here it is all dry.
I added just ONE coat of the spackling
Moving on to the last step, decorating 
your cake.  You can use leaves or flowers.
I made these little pale pink roses out of 
paper  and the greens are a pick I had bought
a few years ago. 
Look through what you have, even pretty leaves 
would look great!



I hope you give this a try!
And if you do,  send me off a picture of it!
Happy creating!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..