Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Marbled Countertops



Hello!
Last week I was able to head to a friends second home and 
redo her vanity top.
I completely forgot to take a final photo, but the one
above is a counter I did a year ago and it is the same one 
I did this past week. 


Here's looking down on it
It's really easy to do and by using chalk paint
you can cover any surface.
This picture below is her counter top with two coats
of 1-2-3- primer and two coats of white chalk paint.


To get a nice smooth finish I always use a roller sponge brush.


You can see how smooth it is.
Once I let the two coats dry, I paint very lightly very light
colored, what I call "clouds".



The second step is lightly adding white paint
to mute the gray tones
The last step is making the "veins" in the design.
This whole technique is a layer upon layer effect
that I do.  
To make the veins I use a feather,  yes, the end of a feather
to attain the very light and thin veins.


For me it's just like painting on a canvas, it's just a counter.
I've done three now and although you'd think they would look
similar, they all have differed slightly.
It really is fun to do and quite easy,  you can't mess it up!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..