Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Fire Pit Makeover




Take a look at this fire pit makeover!
My sister was moving and had no need for her
fire pit.  
Once she left it for me and I took the cover off I immediately saw
the rust damage on the tabletop.
I did a little research on how I could fix this.
I ended up sanding it and was going to add what is called
Bondo, a product used in car repair for metal that has rusted.
Once I sanded the table top, the blemish was flushed to the 
rest of the table, so I didn't have to Bondo it.


Here it is all completed!!
I was going for a natural element look, concrete.


I ended up sanding, then priming, then putting on two coats
of Rustoleum Stone textured gray tone.




I also painted the base which use to be brown.
I love the result of this spray paint, 
it really does give it a concrete look!
I'll take it!


It's always a fun challenge for me to try and redo
items that need just a little attention.
The results are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..