Saturday, June 5, 2010

24/7

Good Morning all!  and thank you for playing along with the Blog Candy!
I am going to accept comments through today and then do the drawing this
evening.  I will post the winner tomorrow.  I know, I'm  making you wait in
suspense!  Today's post is a technique that has been around along time,
just thought I'd bring it back for the day!  It is bleach embossing.  So you
start with the kraft cardstock, so to be called Crumb Cake!.  Emboss
your image in white detail embossing powder.  Then take your household
liquid bleach, carefully put a very small amount in a dish.  Take a painbrush
dip into the bleach and start "painting" the areas you want to bleach out.
I bleached out the flowers and leaves as you can see.  You will see it
bleach immediately, it will turn white.  Let dry a few minutes then get out
your markers or pastels and color in the desireable colors of your project.
The stamp used here is from Friends 24/7, the cardstock in the background
is brayered with Certainly Celery onto the new embossed patterened designer
series paper from SU!.  Let me know if you have questions.   xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time that I have ever seen this bleach technique, what a cool idea. Thanks for sharing this. Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..