Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rainbow Pinwheel Sugar Cookies

Since it was pouring rain again yesterday, Shae and I decided to make these cute Rainbow Pinwheel  cookies. Here's the ingredients and recipe:
1 package of Betty Crocker Sugar Mix
Sprinkles

Directions

  1. 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. 2For rainbow pinwheels, divide dough evenly into five bowls, and color each with a different color liquid food coloring. (We used McCormick Neon shades in pink, green, blue and purple, as well as the yellow from the standard pack).
  3. 3Roll each color dough into 14 grape-sized balls.
  4. 4Combine a ball of each color and quickly roll into a larger ball. It will look like a little beachball.
  5. 5Then roll that ball between your hands and the counter or cutting board until you have a cylinder about 6 inches long.
  6. 6Starting from one end of the cylinder, roll the dough into a coil, twisting the cylinder as you go.
  7. 7Roll edges of the cookie in sprinkles.
  8. 8Repeat with remaining cookies.
  9. 9Bake the cookies for 10 to 11 minutes, or until done (fully done middle with the barest touch of golden brown on the edges).
  10. Then Eat!   yumo!

5 comments:

  1. Those look so cool! Very summery!
    If you put a lollipop stick in them, they would look like those big braided suckers.
    Could you send some of that rain here to Chicago. I can't remember the last time it rained here. It's supposed to be around 100 tomorrow with a heat index of 110, and in the mid 90's for the next week!
    A good time to stay in the cool house & do crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea Laura! I would LOVE to send you some of our "fall" like weather we are having. At least today was warm, we warm for us, a whopping 72 degrees! Stay cool and get some stamping in. Are you going to convention?

      Delete
  2. I'll take you're weather! Now they're saying 104 inland today! Yuck!
    No, I'm not going to convention.
    I was supposed to be having foot surgery done right now, but that got postponed. I thought I would be laid up.
    I'd like to go next year. People are saying it should be a good one because of SU's anniversary & the Europeans will be there too.
    I'd like to go & finally meet all the people that I chat with online!
    Are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. V and I made some yesterday! Super cute and yummy :) We didn't use a mix, so they are flat, but still cute.
    Cindy T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I am glad you tried them! arent' they pretty when done? Shae absolutely loved them, but it was my Hubs that ate them all up! too funny!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..