Sunday, June 3, 2012

Faux Burlap decorated Vase

Hi all,  I had a fun weekend yet busy, like most of you.  Saturday I went to a barbeque and needed a  hostess gift to take, so I thought flowers would be nice.  Well,  I also wanted to put them in a vase.  So I took out this vase I purchased at the Dollar Tree and came up with this idea.  Jute vases are all the rage so I thought I would try one.  The directions are posted below on how to make this.  The flower is suppose to be a faux burlap one.

Here is the vase with the flowers in it. 


Start with a clean vase.  Decide where you want to put the jute then take Alene's tacky glue and  apply it to the area .Start wrapping the jute around till you get the desired thickness.  Set aside and let dry.

Now take your Big Shot out and the Lattice Square embossing folder and the Fun Flowers die and cut out the flowers first then run them throught with the Square Lattice embossing folder.

should look like this.....

I used the Antique brads for the center of the flower, now start in the center and scrunch each petal to the center of the flower.  Should look like the flower below.  Once you have it made use a few glue dots to attached to the front of the vase.  Have fun trying this!  :)


5 comments:

  1. Lovely flower -- and lovely vase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I've got a shelf of plain glass vases that are in for a makeover treat. Thanks for the idea! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Love this style
    Joy Jones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool way to dress up a vase! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the texture on the flowers! Carla

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..