Sunday, April 14, 2013

Framed Pin Cushion

I
Here's a sweet gift you can make a friend or family member that loves to sew, or yourself!  I purchased this small frame, measures about 5" high.  (3.99)  I thought it would be a good time to make something using it using our fabrics.

Products Used:
Accessories- Fabric- Summer Smooches -  #125411
Brights Designer Buttons #119747 in Real Red
Fun Flowers XL Die- # 121812

Place your order HERE



I started with an oval that I cut out of our Ovals framelits, then took the snail adhesive added it to the back and then added the cotton balls.  Now wrap the Summer Smooches fabric around the cotton covered oval.


I used transparent tape to tape the back together.  I did not want a heavier tape otherwise the backing to the frame will not go back on smoothly.


This is how mine looks after pulling the fabric around the oval.



This is how it will look when done.

 

Take a needle and  thread and attach the flower all together. I slightly gathered it together before I sewed it. Now attach it to your frame.  You can use a glue dot or hot glue it on.
I                              
    







1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute idea! Different than the typical pin cushion! I love the fabric and frame also!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..