Monday, March 9, 2015

Bokeh technique




This is the Bokeh technique I showcased on my cards yesterday. Here is a quick showing of how you get the effect.
Start with whisper white cardstock.  I used Soft Suede, Always artichoke and Daffodil Delight as my ink pad colors.
Using a sponge dauber start with the darker colors you choose first.  Make small swirls of the color all over the paper are you see I have done.  I looks messy and won't matter.  


Add your lightest color last.......mine daffodil delight.  With the color I cover the ENTIRE card with it.  I mean go over the darker colors with it too.  


Now, using a window sheet cut out three circles to make a template.  I used the last three small circles in our Stampin Up! framelit circle pack. 



Start by laying the template on top of the paper and start to rub white craft ink over the template to create your circles.  Make sure and move it all over the paper to achieve many circles.


It will look like this when covered.



This is the last thing.... now taking your sponge dauber, go direct from white ink to paper and make circles all over this paper to cover the whole piece.  You can't go wrong here at all, the more the prettier.  Make sure and press hard to get a good amount of white ink on there.   Once your piece is dry you can stamp directly on it.
You are going to LOVE making these cards!  and by the way, when you do, send me a picture!  I want to see your creations!



Here it is all done!



This is the card all complete


1 comment:

  1. We had just did this technquine in a group and mine came out great....if you like to see it e-mail me please.MaryRedford

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..