Monday, February 13, 2017

Love Never Fails


Another one of the projects we did at the creative class was make these white washed signs.   
I started with plain blocks of wood cut at 6 x 6", then on the left I used an old paint brush and some white acrylic paint and dry brushed the wood block. 
 You do this by barely brushing the paint onto the wood.
The wood block on the right was whitewashed.  This technique is done by puttina a bit of the white paint on a paper plate and adding some water so that it is a liquid consistency.   Then using a sponge brush, lightly paint the white paint onto the block. 
 Pretty easy.  Let dry.  
This is where I challenged my creatives.  I hand lettered Love Never Fails onto the block. All they had to do was color it in with a black sharpie and add a ribbon if they wanted. They turned out super cute.


Here's what it looks like before you paint it.

This is the dry brush technique.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..