Wednesday, December 6, 2017

DIY Christmas Ornaments



Sharing some Christmas ornaments with you today.
A friend gave me a bag of these awesome wood disks.  I decided I wanted to make some rustic looking ornaments and make them "look" like I wood burned them.


These are super easy to make.
Starting with any type stamp sets you want to use. 
I used the ink color early espresso to stamp the images with.
It truly looks like they were wood burned!


I made quite a few, these are just a few of the different designs I made.


I purchased these cute little pine cones at TJ Maxx, but you can find them at any craft store.
I took and drilled holes in the top of the wood disk and ran the wire through the holes to create the holder for the ornament.
I added the red buffalo plaid and tied it in a knot. 



Come on now,  give these a try!



4 comments:

  1. Another great idea for our stamps...I always forget I can use them beside on cards....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia: Where did your friend purchase the oval birch wood discs? They are beautiful, and your stamping on them a great idea! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Marge!
      She purchased them at Hobby Lobby

      Delete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..