Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Magnolia Silos





I was invited and lucky enough to spend this past weekend in Waco for the inaugural Magnolia Silo District Marathon
But first.......
Our visit to the Silos


It's as beautiful as you can imagine.   Joanna has a flare for simplicity and spectacular design while making you feel right at home, even at her store and bakery
Not a detail is left out.....


This is the outside of the bakery
We went to the Silos on friday in the early afternoon and I tell you, there were maybe 100+ people that was it!
But the next day....saturday, a whole different story....100's!!!!


This cute sign is on the wall in the bakery
I was surprised how small the bakery was inside, I thought it looked much larger on television.  Once inside it maybe holds 30 people for standing in line. Normally that line extends outside and around the side of the building. 
As luck would have it, we had no line.


Of course we had to get at least one of each.....
The Chocolatier, The Shiplap, The Classic,
Nuts and Bolts and  Strawberries and Cream
Notice one is missing? I might have eaten the toasted coconut one!
All were absolutely delicious!



Nuts and Bolts.... nom nom


This is the cute boxed packaging for the cupcakes
Of course we bought more to take with us for later
The cupcake prices were decent, $3.50 each


They have so many little areas around the Silos for photo ops
this sign is right outside of the bakery where you can sit and nibble away at your treats


This is just another little touch inside the bakery that caught my eye, it's the pick up window, with that cute brick wall and vintage bakery sign


The Shiplap cupcake... vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream icing
did I say how delish they are?!!!!

Stay tuned this week for a few more posts I have to share
Hopefully I won't over post about the trip, but hey,  it was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..