Monday, October 28, 2019

Deer Antlers


You're wondering what the heck?!!!
I was shopping Hobby Lobby last week and found a box of these heavy plastic antlers in the Christmas ornament section.
They were on sale 50% off making them $4.99 for a box of 4.
They measure about 7" long, meant to be ornaments, but I decided to alter them so I can use them for Thanksgiving and Christmas decor.


Once you take them out of the box they are a goldtone lightly glittered.  I used my sanding block to remove as much of the glitter as I could.  I know for many of you the gold would be fine, but I want the antlers to be white. 
So begin to lightly sand the antlers.


I used Krylon colormax in flat white to cover them,
took only two coats.
Once they were dry I cut off the ropes.


They turned out great!
I was playing around with them in this wood tray I have, 
but most likely will run them along my Thanksgiving table with some greens, white pumpkins and little votive candles.


Not too bad!
Love how they look in the tray too!
Your monday morning alter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..