Saturday, October 12, 2019

Halloween Decor


Are you getting ready for Halloween?
This is my first Halloween in our house since we moved here almost a year ago.  It's funny how we get into habits of decorating the same every year for a holiday.
I have to admit, it has been hard to wrap my mind around changing things up.  Not sure why, but as much as I love to do decor it just wasn't coming to me right away here in our home.
I decided last year when we moved and downsized and purged that I wouldn't be buying new things so I have only used what I had on hand.   For the mantle above I hand cut out those bats by finding a line art image online to trace. 
Went to bed one night and the next morning bats had arrived!
Muuuuuwaaaahhhhh!


This is a great entry piece I picked up as I have had a dresser in my entrance most of the year.   It's a very heavy solid piece of furniture and though I love the shelves down below I have yet to put in anything on them.
All the pumpkins on the top were made last year.  I showed how to make these from pumpkins purchased at the Dollar Tree and also held a class on how to make them.  As long as you have storage for them, they hold up nicely. 
You can see how to make them HERE



More of the diy pumpkins in this wooden tray.
The little soft white material ones are from the Target 
dollar spot.   They have them again this year in all different colors.


And well I just had to share the gorgeous fiery red leaves I drove past on my way to Home Depot the other day.  Such beauty
I hope you have a wonderful weekend doing something you love!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..