Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Wood Bead fall Wreath


Keeping my mind and hands busy over here with fun fall 
wreath.  This is a split wood bead wreath..
It doesn't take long to make this wreath as the split
wood beads are pretty big in size. 


I wanted a neutral wreath to be able to
set out for sept-nov.
I may add some fall flowers to this as well, 
I just haven't decided yet. 


The greens I used on the wreath I had on hand as well as the white mini pumpkins that I got at the Dollar tree last fall.
(they have them again right now)


Instead of gluing the greens and white pumpkins down to the wreath,
I used some floral wire to adhere them to the wreath.


Let's talk how to make one of these little pretties!
You will need:
Split wood beads.
Wreath round
Elmer's waterproof glue
greens and flowers or pumpkins


This is how big the beads are, you can find them below

                                                     Split wood beads     HERE
                                                     Wreaths HERE
                               
                                 Elmer's probond weatherproof glue
                      (you want to use weatherproof glue if you are going to 
                       hang your wreath outside so that the wood beads don't
                       fall off opposed to using a glue gun)
                       floral wire
                       greens and faux flowers 


You will use all 16 of the wood beads that come in the bag.
Start along the side by adding your glue to the wreath then
placing your wood beds in a row til you have completed
the half circle.


I got them as close together as I could.
Now them them dry. While they are drying you can plan
out your greens and flowers on your counter. Once you have figured
out how you want them to look using your floral wire slowly work the 
greens onto the part of the wreath that has no beads on it.
Just tightly wrap the greens around it with the wire.
Then you can get out your glue gun and glue your flowers or as I have mini white pumpkins onto the wreath. 
Now it's ready to hang!!!
This is a good size wreath and can be a great statement at the door or inside the house.  The wreath itself is 17"
I will be making a fall wreath next with some subtle fall colors so stay tuned for that in the coming days.
Happy Fall!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..