Friday, September 16, 2022

Taxidermy Halloween Crow


Here's a fun little project for you to try for Halloween.
I had some left over scrapbook paper and a frame and the 
crow you see, (I purchased the crows at the Dollar Tree)
The frame I had on hand but originally purchased it at
Home Goods. 


Start by taking the backing of the frame off and adding the scrapbook paper.  I used some retired Halloween paper I had on hand.  You can use any type of paper you have.  I'm all about use what you have!


I'm going to use the numbers side,  I like how it lends to the "Nevermore" Edgar Allen Poe vibe. 


Once the paper is in place take the styrofoam crow and using a knife
cute the crow at the base of it's neck.
(you could call this "murder of the crow"!  hahaaa!)
Which is an actual thing by the way!
A group of crows is called a "murder".  There are several explanations as to the origin, but mostly based on old folk tales.


It's extemely easy to cut as it's foam. 


Hot glue the crow head directly onto the glass of the frame.
I stamped "happy halloween' on a piece of the vanilla
cardstock and used a couple dimensionals on the back to adhere it. 


Here it is all done!




Not sure if I like the tag, but I sure love the crow! 



                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..