Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Lavender seal


Happy tuesday!
I am back in the my studio office trying my hand using my wax seals again.  I always forgot how much fun they are and how creative you can get using them.  
I have quite a few lavendar bushes in my yard and I really do use the clippings from them for so many things. 
Today I am showing you how to make a card using fresh lavendar.


What is needed to make a cards like this?
fresh lavendar, sealing wax and a wax stamps and
cardstock for your card. 


Cut your cardstock to your desired size.
Lay across the card your lavendar how you want it to go.


The wax stamp that I chose to use says "with love"
Something that I do with my stamp is set it on top of a little ice 
pack to keep it cold so when you go to stamp into your wax
the stamp with cool the wax quickly and release from the wax.





Light your wax to start melt the wax,
let the wax drip onto the stems of the lavendar til
you get a good round mound of wax.
When you feel you have enough wax melted
take your stamp and push it right into the wax, hold
for a few seconds and release.  Behold the beautiful image!!!


Look at how the wax spread and created an almost flower
petals around the sides.   Just beautiful.


The lavender will eventually dry and will continue to smell
so yummy!  You can use a slightly larger envelope to send off this card, otherwise you can add it to a package to gift or just gift it to someone. Have fun trying this out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..