Sunday, April 19, 2009

See Ya Later Faux Alligator!












Don't these look real! These are the cutiest little wristlets and so easy to make and do. Use them for upcoming teachers appreciation, bridal showers, gifts, fill them with gift cards or of course chocolate!
I have updated this post as many have emailed me to repost the purse instruction, as the flap
of the purse is a tad different from my post March 9th, so here is a photo of the purse again with
the change in the lid. Credit where credit due!: The Faux Alligator technique can be found here at http://jackietopa.typepad.com/FauxAlligatorSkin.pdf .
You will cut out all your pieces and score them. This will require you to own a Big Shot. You will use the Top Note Die and cut three of them out. Follow the directions above to see how to score and cut them. Again you can refer to my March 9th Purse instructions to finish the rest. If you do not have a Big Shot let me know! I can order one for you!
Now, when you do the faux technique you will need to emboss all three top note pieces by first
stamping them up with versamark and then adding clear embossing powder. Take your bone
folder to create the lines BEFORE you emboss it. Shake off excess and the emboss. Wala, faux
technique. Have fun with these! x0x0


10 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! Thanks so much for the instructions too! I can't wait to play! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are soooo cool! I can't wait to try one!
    I used to live in Woodinville...I grew up in Redmond/Kirkland! :) I miss Washington...I love coming back to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo cute! Can't wait to do this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just incredible! I can't wait to try them and "wow" my girlfriends! Thanks so much for sharing them! And the instructions, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Just wanted to say how beautiful all your items are. Amazing! I'll def be looking back on here in upcoming events for pressies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't find the original instructions on how to build the purse and attach the ribbon.
    Will you please email me the instructions. I've searched your entire site and it get bringing me back to the updated version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renita, this is the post, is this what you were looking for?

      Delete
    2. I'm not seeing the directions on putting it all together. Can you please e-mail it to me if it's not a problem....
      email address rmerkson@sbcglobal.net

      Delete
    3. Renita, check the above post for the link for the directions. you can click right on the link and it takes you to Jackie's post.

      Delete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..