Thursday, August 2, 2018

Raspberry Bars



How about a guilt free treat for you to try?
Those that know me know that I LOVE chocolate!
Well,  my girls have announced that they would prefer to eliminate gluten and dairy from the things they are eating, by choice
not because they have to.
I have always been a baker and comfort food cooker, so switching gears is definately a challenge for me!
 I have quite a bit of raspberries I picked that I wanted to use
for  dessert and looked for a Vegan/Gluten free bar

This recipe is Vegan/Gluten free Raspberry Bars

Raspberry Bars

Base layer
 1 1/4 c of oat flour or coconut flour
1 1/4 c of rolled oats
3/4 c maple syrup 
1 T coconut oil
1/2 tsp of vanilla

Jam center
3 c of frozen rasp
5 T of maple syrup
6 T of Chia seeds

Crumble
1 c rolled oats
1/2 c of steel cut oats
1/4 c maple syrup
1/4 c cashew butter
1 T of coconut oil


Starting with a brownie pan, line it with parchment paper.
In a bowl mix all the ingredients (listed above) for the base layer.
Once mixed together, using a wooden spoon spread into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins



While the base layer is baking
Put the 3 c of raspberries and the maple syrup into a a saucepan and on medium heat bring to a boil and turn to simmer, now adding the chia seeds.  Let simmer for 10 mins til thickens



Once the base layer is cooled, spread the 
"jam" over the layer and set aside.


Mix all the ingredients for the crumble together and bake for 
25 mins at 350 degrees until crispy. 
 Let cool and put on top
of the jam layer
Cut and enjoy!!!


For a girl who loves her sweets, not bad for a super healthy treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..