Saturday, August 24, 2019

Dollar Tree Pumpkins




This bright orange pumpkin is the before.....
The pumpkins are from the Dollar Tree
After adding two coats of white chalk paint for one and a light blue for the other.
 (I used Rustoleum chalk paint from Lowe's)
it covered the pumpkins completely.
This is how they turned out!!!!


I went out in the yard and cut a few branches for the stems.
The original stem pops right off the top, it is just adhered with a toothpick.  So it easily removes so you can add the branch.
I did use a exacto knife to carefully cut the hole just a little bit bigger to fit the new branch.
I really like the curve to this branch and it's uniqueness.
You can see the antiquing wax in the picture below, it gives
the pumpkin just a little distressed look. 


To distress the pumpkins I used Valspar Antiquing Wax
(also at Lowe's)
While you are at the Dollar Tree pick up some of their paint brushes and use it to distress the pumpkins with the wax
A little of the wax goes a looooong way!
If you don't want to buy the wax you can always purchase a very dark brown acrylic paint 
(you know the small cheap paint bottles at Michael's)
as an alternative.  I just always have the antiquing wax on hand and choose to use it.
This is a really easy fun diy project to try. The color possibilities are endless!
I hope you give them a try!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..