Friday, November 8, 2019

Pumpkin Redo


After Halloween is over I didn't just want to leave the 
pumpkins outside.  I wanted to bring them in but give them a makeover.  So I thought why not paint them!


Start by rinsing off your pumpkin, mine was covered in dirt.



I love to use chalk paint on about everthing.  One reason why is that is dries so quickly, but I also like the matte finish is has
This chalk paint is by Folkart, can be found at Michael's for $2.49.


Once your pumpkin is dry using a brush lightly add one coat 
of the chalk paint.  Mine is a off white color.


This is after one coat, I like the streak lines in it and 
that you can see a little bit of orange showing through.



I used a smaller brush to paint around the stem of the pumpkin
it just makes it easier to get into the small spaces.


Once your pumpkin is all dry I like to add just a little 
bit of Raw Umber color paint to the pumpkin
to give it some depth. 
Using a dry brush dab just a little bit of paint 
on the tip of the brush and rub it all over the 
pumpkin as you see below. 
If you get too much umber on it you can go back
with some of the off white paint to lighten it up as I 
did.  It's fun to play with the two colors so don't be afraid
if you add too much, you can just add more white to calm
the brown down. 


Here's what mine looked like before I calmed it down 
with some more white paint.
And are you ready to see it?
Here it is all done!!! 



And here's another idea for you....
Don't throw away your carved pumpkins
Take a look at what I did with mine....


I turned it into a pumpkin flower arrangement!



Here's my carved pumpkin, take the stem off the top and throw
it away.  Get a ball jar,  I just happened to have one on hand.
I also had just gone to the grocery store and while I was in line
to pay for my groceries this employee walked up to me and asked me if I would like a free bouquet of flowers!  
Of course I would!  Thank you!
How sweet was that!


So I filled the ball jar with water and added the beautiful
fall bouquet of flowers as well as me adding some smoke bush
leave and laurel leaves. 


There you have it!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..