Saturday, August 29, 2020

Bee Happy


Happy Saturday!
Found this cute shirt on amazon, have you ever bought a shirt
where the collar feels like it's choking you?
Well, this collar on this shirt makes me feel that way
so I took to finding out how to remedy it.


Start by laying your shirt flat,
then fold it shoulder to shoulder which is in half down
the center of the shirt like below.
Make sure you fold it in half down the center so
that the shoulder seams touch shoulder seams.

Like this......



Making sure that your seams are togtherher 
Decide how low you want your scoop to be,
personally I don't want a low scoop
so I will just cut right along the seam of the neck.
And the reason I didn't lay out the shirt for cutting
just folded is that it makes the outcome of shirt be low in the front
and also low in the back making for the t-shirt to fall off your shoulder which is fine, it will just be more like a "flashdance" type of shirt.


So start to cut your shirt using a good pair of 
fabric scissors.


Keep going......


I just cut it right off, easy as that.


Now here comes the important part,
by folding it shoulder to shoulder instead of front
to back you can see in the above photo how
the scoop stays in the front and the heighth 
of the shirt stays right up the back of the neck.


Again if you are looking for a t shirt to fall off 
your shoulder and be low in the back then 
fold it front to back. 
Another thing you can add is a slight snip right in the
center of the new neckline to have it drape open a little
Once you wash your t shirt the neckline will roll a bit 
which I think is cute.


So much better!
No more tight collar around my neck!
Now I can BEE-happy wearing this shirt!
Always striving to teaching you something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..