Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving





Happy Thanksgiving dear friends!

With Thanksgiving scaled down and family near and far that we won't see, we all have so much to be thankful for.  
It's easy to get swept away with the thoughts of ALL the traditions and normalcy of the holidays being taken away,
 but we need to get creative. 
Our holidays now will look different, but that doesn't mean we can't find new ways to celebrate. 
I hope you are able to embrace today for the gratitude it serves, finding as many things you can be thankful for...... one for me is life, another day here with those I love and those that pour into me daily.

I love this;
"The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us." -  James E. Faust

On a funny note-  
For those of you who cannot be with family this Thanksgiving, please resist the urge to brag about it!!     
We all need to laugh!


And with that being said,
we will have just the 4 of us this year, scaled back
from the typical 20 something....
So I decided to make these mini pies and mini crisps.


The recipes are for pumpkin pie, apple pie and 
mini cranberry apple crisp.  
These little cuties are sooo small, they look bigger
in the picture due to the angle I shot them at, 
but they are 3" pies!  
The recipes made 7 of each


Each were easy to make and went quickly as I cheated a bit
in using store bought pie crust.  I ended up using 3 pie crusts
for the 14 mini pies. 
 The crisps of course don't need a crust, just crumble on top.
They turned out so good! 
(we may have sampled some last night)

Happy Thanksgiving!
Give thanks for a little, 
you will find a lot!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..