Sunday, November 1, 2020

Red Truck diy ornament


Let's make some holiday fun!
Ornaments are always a favorite to gift away for the holidays.
I found these cute red trucks at Dollar Tree as well as the frames.

( I get a lot of questions about how your local Dollar Tree doesn't have what I show you how to make, one option for you would be to go to Dollar Tree.com and order the items you are not finding at your stores online!)
Safer way to shop these days as well, instead of running all over town trying to find them.


As you can see you get 4! count them 4 trucks for a $1!
Grab yourself some 2 x 3" frames, they have other colors too
I just happen to like the black ones.


Here they are up close, cutest little details and look
like metal.


Grab yourself some scrapbook paper, even wrapping paper will work
for your background.  I happen to have this white buffalo check paper on hand so I used it.   Cut it at 2 x 3" and put inside of the frame keeping the glass in the frame. 


Now turn your frame over and see the kickstand on the back?
I'm pointing to it in this photo, bend it back and forth to take it off. 
The second frame on the bottom is how it looks removed.


Now move onto the truck,  it comes with wire at the top
to hang it, take your snips and cut the wire away.


It will look like this....



Next step, heat up your glue gun and running some
glue along the bottom of the truck attach it to the bottom
of the frame.
I found these cute pine cones at Hobby Lobby they come in a bunch 
for $2.  Cut a few of them and glue them to the corner.
The twine is cut at 4" inches and knotted on each end and glued 
to the back top corner of the frame.
There you have it!!
How cute it that!


Let me know if you have any questions,
also send me your pics! 
I love to showcase what you've made.
Another side note, you can use ANY background
paper, look through what you have, you'll be surprised
what you find I'm sure of it!


QUESTION
Would you like kits for this so you can buy them ready to make?
Let me know.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..