Sunday, January 31, 2021

Yarn Hearts


With Valentines day just around the corner
I finally took down my paper snowflakes and decided
to add some Valentine's decor.
I made these cute yarn hearts and even though I used 
some natural colors, they sure will look adorable in
red and pink too!


I have some blue decor in my home too so I made
these four different colors. 


Aren't they cute!


Here they are up close,
one is all creme colored, one is creme with
speckles of mustard and black and the other is mustard colored.
The skeins of yarn I found at the Dollar Tree.



To make these hearts start with 
either cardboard or what I had on hand which 
is foam core board.  Use what you have on hand!


Hand draw a heart on your cardboard
or foam core board, cut it out.
Then using your yarn, tape it to the back of the heart.
Start by wrapping the yarn around the heart, keep
going til you have the heart completely covered.
Take the last piece of yarn to the back of the heart and
tie off by making a knot.  


Just keep going, back and forth like in 
the photo above.....
Here they are all done below,
scatter them around your tables or in bowls
or just sitting out.
I am going to try pick up some red and pink 
yarn this week to make some
Valentine ones.
I hope you give them a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..