Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Spring Front door refresh


Who's ready to spruce up their front door with an easy diy project?
I had this old galvanized half basket from Michael's in my garage 
just waiting for me to find it a home...
On the front of the basket was a "Home sweet Home" sticker that I decided to cover it up as it wasn't so cute.


This is what it looks like welcoming ya'll at my door!



I had this chalkboard disk in my stash, 
but you can find them at Michael's too.
You could always make a sticker from 
a cricut machine or by a vinyl to add to it too
These galvanized half baskets can be found
at a lot of the stores right now.  I've seen them
at Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx and Michael's



Test your handwriting skills!
Get that chalk out and write something
welcoming on your chalkboard.






I picked up some metallic silver spray paint
and gave the basket a refresh.



Check around the house to see if you have any
greens or artificial flowers or even fresh flowers
or greens that you can add to your baskets.
My greens I used were tucked away in a drawer
that I happen to find. You never know what 
you've stashed away!


Take the floral block and slide it into your basket
to make sure it fits.  If you have to cut it down,
do this using a knife, I usually use a kitchen knife.
Take your greens and push them down into the block
You can stagger the heights to make it look they way you like. 


Once done, push it down into the basket. 
Super easy I tell yah!


To attach the chalkboard disk I used 
a small piece of electrical tape to attach
it on the inside of the basket.  Use any type
of strong hold tape or you could hot glue it.
I didn't glue it in case I decide to change up
the basket at a later time.
I also used a 3D glue dot on the outside
to hold the disk in place on the front. 


All done!
You can personalize yours to your taste in flowers
or color of your basket. 
Add a little spring to your front door!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..