Saturday, September 18, 2021

Halloween Decor


Hello!
Let the Halloween decorating fun begin!
It's all over social media,  everyone's starting to decorate
early for Halloween.
And while I am a HUGE fan of Halloween, it doesn't 
usually go up until at least October 1st over here.
But in light of the early birds I thought I would share a few of my
past ideas for decor around the house. 

First up is the above photo of my current fireplace,
I cut my self a bunch of black bats from card stock and 
attached them to the stone as if they were flying right
out of the firebox area.
You could do this on a mirror or window area too, 
even a wall.
I added the pumpkins and some crows and gauze from the dollar tree
to complete the look. 


Here's another fun and effective creepy way to decorate,
get some paper rats and tape them going up your stairs!
Add a pumpkin for a little color.
This is our stairwell going up stairs. 


This is my 3/4 bath that really has no room to decorate,
yet this is the guest bathroom on the main floor so I definately
wanted it to have some Halloween touches in it.
I really love to utilize the gauze at the dollar tree for decor,
it comes in beige, gray and black.  This is the beige and all I did
was pin it at the top of the molding and let it drape down. 
I added a few plastic spiders and a few of those paper rats and some cute decor to the window area.  


This has to be the easiest and not so scary decor for
your table.  I used a black serving plate and put my green
wreath from the door on it and added the pumpkin with a candle
inside of it and a large spider on top.
If you don't have one of these fake carved pumpkins a real one will work!


This photo is of my mantle at my prior home,
I miss it there!
I love my shiplap I put in that's for sure!
I cut a few larger bats for this space and used some white pumpkins
and a couple of banner garland from Target.
When it becomes fall I use those fake battery operated candles 
all over the house for different holidays.
  You can see them all over
in the picture.  They come where you can time them now to go off and on.   I found mine at Target. 


How about using the gauze in the center of your table and 
add some glass tea light candles to the center?
You could even add a few of those plastic black spiders. 



This is another area of my previous home where I decorated 
the drawers with some halloween decorations.
Most of these decor it glass pieces I have picked up through the
years. 


And last but not least you can't forget the outside
for Halloween!
I bought those green light bulbs and used an old lamp
to put it in the center of a bedroom in our home.
The idea was to use a room that you could see from the street.
Once you pick the room put the green lights in that room
then cut and add some more black bats in there.
I hope you've gotten some fun ideas to start off your halloween
decor in your home!
Muuuuwaaaaahhhhh!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment..